What aboot you, eh?

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Beedubya, Jan 19, 2010.

1. Debadoo

Debadoo Active Member

Snicker! Hey Michelle, haven't seen you on in awhile. Enjoyed reading this thread, and welcome to all new Canadians. In reading this thread however, I've realized, I will never qualify as even an honorary Canadian. But y'all will have to love me anyhow!
    Can't stand any kind of beer.
    I am a bacon freak, and love bacon and pineapple pizza....thin crust on that one. (had to look up back bacon to see if it's what we call Canadian bacon). It is.
    I spent an hour in Canada once (way prettier view of the falls from y'alls side!
    Can't deal with snow and cold at all, but could probably sell air conditioning to an Eskimo. When I joined the Navy, my HS counselor told the recruiter that I could talk an Admiral out of his ship.
    I know what a moose looks like.
    I love watching dog shows, agility and flyball competitions
    My mom's name was Alberta. hehehe
    Took french in HS, but don't speak hardly a word of it now. I do love french toast, and french fries and I do understand that neither of those are actually french. lol

2. donnastamps

donnastamps SU! Demonstrator

Home Page:
    Another Canadian here eh
    Greetings from Burlington, Ontario...
    I don't drink beer but I am ALL about hockey (can't wait for the World Junior final tomorrow night!! GO CANADA!!)
    I like moose (from a distance) and have two yellow labs...
    Happy New Year!!

3. bugsgramma

bugsgramma SU! Demonstrator

Hi, I'm from close to Toronto, and sadly watched the Canadian let the hockey game slip away from them. So sad!!!!
    Dont like pineapple on my pizza, used to drink beer until my belly made me look like a moose! now have switched to wine, alas my belly still looks like a moose.
    Have a chocolate Lab, and moose up north at our cottage, lost most of my understanding of French in the last few years, but as someone noted understand enough from all those labels required here

Glad to meet you all,

4. Candy Kane

Candy Kane New Member

I'm new to SA. Greetings! Yes, I'm Canadian. I think moose are beautiful but I don't have one as a pet :) I have two rescue dogs. A Greyhound and an Irish Wolfhound mix. I volunteer with Chinook Winds Greyhound Rescue and we get most of our rescues from the US. It's rewarding...they're so beautiful and make such lovely pets. Pizza...not so much, beer neither. I live in beautiful central Alberta. We love long walks with the dogs on the trails and often see deer and coyotes. Life is good.
    Have been making cards for about 15 years and still love it!
    ;)

5. Michelle Reed

Michelle Reed SU! Demonstrator

Hello all. I live just east of Toronto with a wonderful hubby and 3 English Bulldogs. I love pepperoni and cheese pizza with thick crust, my beer of choice is Bud Light Lime and it feels like I live in an igloo (just can't get the house warm enough). Oh, and my sister has a pet moose. (Actually a hand carved 7 ft moose chair. When you visit her house for the first time it is tradition that you have to have your picture taken with "Weldy".)

6. JacquieR

JacquieR SU! Demonstrator

Canadian through and through

Hi everyone! I live on the North Coase of British Columbia and the scenery is spectacular. I love thin crust veggie pizza and have never been a fan for beer of any kind. I am married to the man of my dreams and we have two children that are grown and on their own. Empty nesters and still young enough to enjoy it all!! Planning for my dream vacation to Hawaii next year!!! Can't wait.

Happy stamping !:realdrunk:

7. bugsgramma

bugsgramma SU! Demonstrator

How far East?? I'm east of TO too.

8. MelissaL

MelissaL SU! Demonstrator

I'm a proud Canadian, born and bred, currently living near Guelph, Ontario. Hubby is an American import...and I'm slowly converting him. hehehehe

I am also an brand spankin' new demo so I would love any tips, trick and suggestions that you all may have for a newbie.

9. Evedjetle

Evedjetle New Member

Home Page: