What aboot you, eh?

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Beedubya, Jan 19, 2010.

1. basketballmom

basketballmom SU! Demonstrator

It's been so warm, my igloo is melting!

Hi, I'm in Edmonton, watching the snow melt.

2. luvmyboys

luvmyboys SU! Demonstrator

I am SOOOO Canadian! and SOOO proud to be! wahoo!
    We don't have a moose, but we just saw two of them off the road on our way home from Easter Holidays... I am sure they were speaking french! Why wouldn't they?!
    We live in Southern Alberta and love it here. Our igloo melted a few weeks ago... *sigh*
    I would love to be stampin right now... dang that laundry!! Just thought I would check in on you lovely ladies between loads!!

3. parrothead

parrothead SU! Demonstrator

I'm in Southern Alberta also! Hi Lee. Don't own a moose but I was chased by one once. Does that count? Scariest thing I've ever experienced. I don't recommend it to anyone! LOL
    As for dogs, I used to breed and show German shepherds in conformation and obedience. Dabbled in agility. Was a dog groomer for almost 25 years. Now own a 13-yr.-old mini Dachshund named Milo and a cat named Jack.
    Beer? Absolutely! Bacon and pineapple pizza? Never!

4. attherookery

attherookery SU! Demonstrator

Home Page:
    Hi! I'm from Nova Scotia and :)o) I'd forgotten about this website! I'm glad I found it again though, lots of neat stuff.

Early spring here - hardy magnolias and cherry trees blooming already.

I'm getting excited about the new 2010/2011 catty :realdrunk: and we still have to launch the Summer Mini first!!!

Hello to everyone - wish we could have a Canadian get together!

Carol
    Creating With Carol

5. ElaineS GSOLFOT

ElaineS GSOLFOT New Member

Hi! I'm from Vancouver Island on the BC coast. No moose here, I'm afraid. Our Maple Leaves are yellow or brown in the fall, not red. We hardly ever get enough cold for snow for igloos or ice for skating. ( Although the heavy snow happens sometimes, but then the rain melts holes in the igloo and there's nothing worse than a wet igloo!) However, we are proud Canadians living in 'the banana belt'. Our contribution is big, ,big trees, loggers, fishers, computer experts and individuality. And many other things of course.
    BTW I must tell you a funny story. Several years ago someone made a near life-size cutout of a moose, painted it black, and placed it in a swampy area just beside the Island Highway. People were stopping and taking pictures of the moose, because of course they knew that we don't have them here, was this a new arrival, etc etc. It took a few minutes before they discovered that it wasn't moving...

6. Bridget

Bridget New Member

Also from Vancouver Island. New to the forums.

7. Sings with Scissors

Sings with Scissors New Member

Welcome to all the newbies to the board :) good to see so many Canadians both with and without Moose :)

And a Canadian get together would be good...

8. jemur

jemur SU! Demonstrator

Hi, I've lurked quite a while, this is my first post here!!! I'm in Southwest Saskatchewan. I loooove Stampin' and Stampin' Up! I have a dog - a Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier, a goldfish and no moose. Half the people in my town speak French and I know a few words here and there, does that count?
    Spring is trying to come here, if it would only quit snowing!!!
    We make sod houses here - igloos don't last in the summer!

9. stampinggramma

stampinggramma SU! Demonstrator

Hi I am from Central Alberta. Have pet deer in my yard every winter. Good thing my husband is not a hunter.

10. On-my-weigh

On-my-weigh New Member

I'm in Edmonton, Alberta. I have no dog sled or anything "stereotypical" lol My coat COULD BE classified as a parka, it's big enough and warm enough lol

My "igloo" is a house we got built two years ago. And my husband is making a smaller "igloo" outside as I type this, also known as a gazebo.

Well that's about it for now.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2010
  11. cegt

cegt New Member

count me in!

I'm a Canadian as well, Vancouver Island where summer hasn't decided to come yet this year!! No Moose, or dogs but do have princess cat :) Am in a bit of a funk at the moment so no creating really of any kind but am hopeful some creativity will kick in soon!

ct in Vic :)

12. janfrn

janfrn New Member

I've been everywhere man, I've been everywhere... to Long Sault, to small towns north of Winnipeg, to small towns south of Winnipeg, to Edmonton, to Calgary, to Red Deer, to an assortment of small towns in southern and northern Alberta, to small towns in southwest Saskatchewan, from Newfoundland to Vancouver Island, everywhere except Nova Scotia... currently stopped just north of Edmonton. I own a dog, but not a moose (I do have a case of Moosehead in my fridge and I've eaten moose and bison). I like thin crust on my pizza. I only drink Canadian beer, Keith's when I can't get Moosehead. I make butter tarts for special occasions. I love saskatoons, but only the wild ones. The cultivated ones have too much seed in them. I wear red on Fridays and watch curling all winter. Guess I'm a walking stereotype.

13. tizbarnes

tizbarnes SU! Demonstrator

Hi
    I live, and was born and raised, in Eastern Newfoundland; aka "The Rock". Glad to see one other atlantic Canadian here. We are having trouble getting summer started here this year; but we don't live here for the weather! Lots of open space, fresh air,water, and friendly people.
    I've been stamping for almost a year and am totally addicted! Really enjoy this site.

14. cailinriley

cailinriley SU! Demonstrator

Hi from Calgary! It's Stampede time in the city but, in my house anyway, I prefer stampin' time. :D I retired a year ago from teaching, so now I've got lots of time to indulge in my addiction.

I just joined the forum. It's good to see so many fellow Canucks, here. I even recognize some of you from Splitcoast Stampers!

Hubby and I are owned by three wonderful Standard Parti Poodles. We once had two Wheaten Terriers, jemur. They're very sweet, loving dogs, aren't they? We've done a little agility training on our poodles, TrishG, but they're so addicted to their red Kong ball, I think they might be better suited to Fly Ball.

Other than stamping and our dogs, my passions are orchids and gardening. :heart:

15. guba

guba SU! Demonstrator

Hobby Demo in Ottawa

Hi!

New to SA. I stamp mostly for stress relief and am my own best customer. Have a busy family life with both my children (husband and four year old) and work full time, so the discount is what I have time for.

Love looking online for creative ideas to copy, but am mostly a scrapbooker. Tonnes of pictures, too little time.

Gina

16. Raelene

Raelene SU! Demonstrator

So many familiar "faces" over here....So glad I found this place.

I am another northern AB girl....been a demo for 6 years....and I have random dead animals (mostly just their heads) on the walls of my house, thanks do my hunting hubby. I do have Decor Elements flourishes around them, though....just so it isn't "TOO" Canadian.

17. nanny23

nanny23 SU! Demonstrator

Hi there

I'm Nova Scotian born and bred! I love any kind of pizza and we only have 1 dog. No moose unless you visit our Wildlife Park!

18. pixel8ed

pixel8ed SU! Demonstrator

Hi everyone! Been lurking the site for a little while and have finally taken the plunge to post. I'm Nadine and was born and raised in Labrador City. Currently calling Saint John, NB home. :)

19. Lori T

Lori T SU! Demonstrator

HEY Canadian PEEPS! I just found the site and I'm so happy to see a group for us MOOSE lovers :) I live in central Alberta and have been a DEMO since 2002 (ish?) I can't even remember the date - isn't *that* sad?

We woke up yesterday to white stuff on the ground, but alas, it all has since melted. It will come with a vengeance though - just give it time!

See ya around on the boards :)

20. parrothead

parrothead SU! Demonstrator

Is everyone ready for Christmas? Hope you all have a good holiday season. I'm updating my info. I've moved from southern Alberta and am now a west coaster! A Sunshine Coaster, to be exact. Really loving it here. There hasn't been any significant amount of snow, which I'm just fine with! So glad I'm not in the snow belt anymore!