To Stazon or not to Stazon!

Discussion in 'Ink-Cetera' started by Tracey, Mar 21, 2011.

1. Debadoo

Debadoo Active Member

2. Pepesmom

Pepesmom Extreme Swapper!

Home Page:
    What? You think I know EVERYTHING??? :rofl:

Well, my customers call Sticky Strip "Duct Tape for Women". Does that help?

One tip I have for Crystal Effects: Keep one of those smallest bottles of goo gone at your stamp table. I keep one of those mondo needles from the Crafter's Tool Kit (ret.) in this bottle and use it to clear out the tube at the top of the bottle of CE after I'm done using it. Then I store the CE upright. This way it's ready to go the next time I need it. The needle gets cleaned as best I can after using it to clean the tube and then it goes right back into the bottle of goo gone. I also try to give it a good wipe down before using it, just to help keep the gunk to a minimum.

Some people swear by taping the needle to the bottle of CE so the needle is handy when you need it. I tried this method and gave up trying to maintain it. But, if the tape method works for you, stay with it!

Tombow: When I'm adhereing teeny tiny stuff to a project, I'll squirt a little glue out onto a scrap piece of paper then use a post-it note to pick up the TTW punchie or strip of paper, lightly drag it over the glue and then adhere the TTW piece of paper to my project. I like this method of dispensing Tombow when I have a lot of gluing to do. And when I'm done, the scrap piece of paper and excess glue all go into File 13, leaving my work area clean.

You can use also Deb's grabber instead of a post-it. Or you can use one of those sticky pick-up sticks by one of the die-cutting companies.

ETA: I have all kinds of arcane knowledge and tips from 14 years of scrapbooking and papercrafting and having to keep it all organized in a small apartment.

3. Debbi

Debbi SU! Demonstrator

4. Debbi

Debbi SU! Demonstrator

Why yes, yes I do!

5. Debadoo

Debadoo Active Member

I did recently find out if the Crystal Effects nozzle is horribly clogged and no tool will get it unclogged, take the nozzle off the bottle, and over the sink, pour some alcohol (I used 91% since that's what I had) into the nozzle while plugging the top hole with your finger. Let it sit in there a few minutes, and it will turn the CE to mush so you can get it out with a poker tool and rinsing.

If you don't have the needles from the crafters tool kit, I use a corsage pin that has the big pearl head on top and tape it to the side. Using packing tape, make just a tiny ripple effect to hold the needle. The big pearly head helps keep it from sliding when inserted into taped slot. I also bang the bottom of it on the table kinda hard a couple times after I'm done using it, I think that helps to get the CE out of the nozzle and down in the bottle to help prevent clogging.

6. createdbyu

createdbyu SU! Demonstrator

Home Page:
    LOL... stazon... I put glue dots on top of the clear plastic lid, then close up the ink... the clear lid stays with the stazon black plastic lid and comes on/off as you use it, seals when you need it to!

I don't worry too much about the stazon staining stamps.. If I really want to clean them, I use stazon cleaner and a nail brush. Turn the stamp upside down on a paper towel, apply generous amount of stazon cleaner, and let soak... blot off excess after a few minutes, scrub with an old toothbrush or nail brush, reapply and repeat until clean.. DOESN't work for the wood blocks themselves though.

I bet rubbing alcohol or goo gone will clean a clear block, not sure but will experiment.

Stazon is toxic to animals.. I've heard several reports of animals (dogs in particular) being attracted to and eating the pad or refill.. .keep it out of reach from your animal friends.

Crystal effects clogging.. I LOVE the rubbing alcohol trick.. WOW!! I usually don't use the nozzle anyway, instead take the lid off, gently squeeze until the glue rises near the surface, and pull some out with a toothpick .. apply it with the same. On occasion, will opt for doing same with a paint brush. The paint brush is pretty much shot afterwards though.

ALSO.. unclogging nozzles in general. I keep a couple cake testers available.. they work great, just the right size for any glue nozzle!

Hugs,
    Sharon Field