SU punch storage

Discussion in 'Storage' started by bugaboo, Aug 16, 2011.

1. bugaboo

bugaboo SU! Demonstrator

Ok...I was so excited to see that SU had these great storage container to store the punches. Then was saddened to find out they would never be sold due to manufacture problems.

I cant seem to find a way to store them vertically so they take up less space. What do you do? What do you have? Need to see pictures and if you got something the link to it :)

2. Debadoo

Debadoo Active Member

Most folks use these rails from Ikea. I think depending on size they're usually 1.99 to 2.99 Here is a pic that Paula put in the gallery. It shows mostly the old punches, but you can see on the 2nd from top rail that she has a new style punch on there too. I store most of mine that are larger, like the size of the owl, cupcake etc standing up in a box with the image showing so I know which is which.

Some folks also use hanging shoe bags that have the clear vinyl front. I do this with my old style punches, you can fit two big ones per pouch. I don't have a pic though. Hope this helps some.

Paula's Stamp Cave - Stampin Addicts Gallery

3. scrapshappen

scrapshappen Super Moderator

Yep, I do just as the picture shows. If you open up the new style of punch, they sit on the rails too. That picture looks awfully sparse in the punch department. LOL! All of those rails are full right now.

I love the rails because they don't take up shelf, drawer or table space (except when I'm in the juice and they end up all over my desk) but they stay in easy reach of my work space.

I keep the circles, squares and ovals on the lowest rail. Labels and tags on the second rail. Flowers and builder punches on the third and retired on the top. That's so the ones I use the very most are easiest to reach.

The border punches and little punches are sitting in one of the baskets that hang off the rails (also available at IKEA).

One of my customers commented that she didn't have any studs to drill into in her wall to hang her punches like that. I didn't put the rails on studs, but I used the drywall anchors you can buy at the hardware store. They've been up about 15 months here without issue. I had them up for a couple of years at my old house without issue either.

4. escape2stamp

escape2stamp SU! Demonstrator

Home Page:
    I use the shoebag on the door idea since I haven't wanted to commit to putting up the rails :)
    DSCF9017.jpg