Stamping with markers

Discussion in 'Ink-Cetera' started by linalex, Jul 13, 2010.

1. linalex

linalex SU! Demonstrator

I am fairly new to stamping as well as Stampin Up demonstrator. When you want to color in an image with markers, what can you use to stamp the outline image with? Can you use the classic inks or do you have to use the black or Stazon? Thanks. Linda

2. lilyinkpad

lilyinkpad SU! Demonstrator

Home Page:
    You can use any ink you want or even a marker color.

3. WebDeb

WebDeb SU! Demonstrator

Home Page:
    It's in the blending of colors that the ink becomes an issue. StazOn ink won't smear when you use water or a Blender Pen. Basic Black is a waterproof dye ink, but I sometimes have blending issues. It's best to experiment! (And to have fun!)

4. MaryR

MaryR New Member

I always use StazOn Black when I am fully coloring an image or black craft with clear embossing. My black classic pad just doesn't see much action :smile:

5. genesis

genesis SU! Demonstrator

Home Page:
    Coloring with markers is my favorite way to color!! Here is what I have found to work the best:

SU watercolor paper! I have tried other kinds of watercolor paper and nothing works as well. It just really allows the marker ink to *move* around without leaving streaks. Anything other than watercolor paper leaves streaks and/or pills.

Black Stazon ink is a must. It doesn't bleed. Basic Black, Brilliance - again I have tried alot and Black Stazon is the best. (I don't usually emboss but that would certainly work too).