Stampin' Addicts is now on Pinterest

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by scrapshappen, Aug 8, 2013.

1. scrapshappen

scrapshappen Super Moderator

Stampin' Addicts now has it's own page on Pinterest: StampinAddicts.com (stampinaddicts) on Pinterest

So run on over there and start following our page.

We created this page as a way to show off the Blog Hop and blog hop projects. Please feel free to share your ideas how else we should use it. If you have ideas for boards you would like to see (and maybe help us pin too, please let us know).

2. escape2stamp

escape2stamp SU! Demonstrator

Home Page:
    Paula, I don't know how much of a pain it would be but we have a wealth of info on this site. Maybe (and I'll volunteer to help) boards could be set up with past sketch and color challenges? Or I suppose we could just start from now and just add a board whenever we do a blog hop. Just thinking "out loud".

3. s1itcher46

s1itcher46 Active Member

Home Page:
    Paula looking over the board at Pinterest, you missed Tina's projects.
    Also, will we all be able to pin to these boards?

4. scrapshappen

I missed Tina's because she wasn't up this morning when I did it. I'll go back and catch hers.

We can invite others to pin to the boards but before I can invite you, you have to be a follower. When I was inviting people to pin, we didn't have a lot of followers yet. Then I figured it was better for the site to pin than each hopper so that your PIN numbers went up. (SA pins to one board and you pin to your own to your own board and that's at least 2 pins.)

We need more boards we just need to decide what and if we want to open it to all SU projects, or just those created by SAers. Input is welcome.

5. scrapshappen

I did have a thought about the challenges. I don't know if I'm ready to start them back up fully, but what if we recycled the old ones and then had a board where people could post what they created with it. Turn it into a pinterest challenge.

Maybe we could just do one of our old challenges every week. Start it on a Monday and then everyone has until Friday (or the next Monday) to post to their own blog, or here in the gallery and then pin it to the specific board on Pinterest? Maybe the one that gets the most likes or repins gets to pick the next challenge to recycle?

Just throwing ideas out there.

6. s1itcher46

s1itcher46 Active Member

Home Page:
    I only saw it when I went to repin the projects. I think we should all pin the hop projects (if you pin stuff) as they will get a wider audience then. Maybe not all at the same time. lol I can picture row after row of just blog projects on my pinterest page.

7. s1itcher46

s1itcher46 Active Member

Home Page:
    These are all great ideas. I like the idea of revisiting the challenges.

8. escape2stamp

escape2stamp SU! Demonstrator

Home Page:
    I like the idea of revisiting the old challenges as well. Why reinvent the wheel when there is already a wealth of info available! And it would be a fun twist for the winner to choose the next challenge. An honor, plus that keeps this from being a chore for one person to take on (like it was for the hostesses previously). Another benefit is that it could bring traffic to this forum since they will need to come here and check out the previous challenges.

I was going to say to leave it that only SA'ers be able to post on the Pinterest site, but if the challenges are to be run this way then it would need to be open to allow others to post (the winner, when they choose the next challenge). or there would have to be a contact person who would go in and post the challenge that was chosen.
    ??

9. yapha

yapha Hop-Meister

Home Page:
    The Pinterest challenges sound like a great idea!!

10. rhondag

rhondag Stampin', Swappin' Bunny

Sounds fun :)

11. fa_stamper

fa_stamper SU! Demonstrator

I like the idea of challenge boards. Maybe a new board a week. We could revolve through the old challenges. (Starting on Monday) Week #1 sketch/layout, Week #2 Sketch, Week #3 technique or MDS, Week #4 3D or moveable card (ie. spinner, flip flop, stairs, etc) If there is a 5th Monday in the month it can be a Choose Your Own or maybe come up with something having to do with the current SU! special. Perhaps a Paper Pumpkin board to show other projects using the kits.

I wish you could put folders inside the boards. Have one board for Sketches, then it would open into the individual sketches boards. Need to suggest that to pinterest.

12. fa_stamper

Can you make it so certain boards are open to all who follow, but others you have to be invited to post to? Then anyone could post to a challenge board, but only those on a HOP can post to the hop board. I have never been part of a group board before.

13. yapha

yapha Hop-Meister

Home Page:
    Each person has to be invited to each group board. But you have to be following the board before you can be invited to post to it.

Boards inside boards would be cool.

14. fa_stamper

Just clarrifying----If I am following ALL Boards for SA, I still have to be invited to each individual board to post on them.

15. scrapshappen

Once you are following SA, I should be able to invite you to pin to boards as they are created. I wish there was a way to invite you once and have it apply to all boards.

16. fa_stamper

Paula--Since you created the group board, you obviously have administrative power. Can you add others? Someone to help with challenge boards? We can have threads like before for them to post their projects or links to their blog post.

Also then others can create other boards. I would be happy to go through some of the older hops and create more boards for them. It may help drive more people to the boards, SA, and our websites if we have more than one board to follow. I would space them out over a few days/weeks, 1 for time to do them all and 2 so our pins have a greater chance of showing up on the main page.

17. Tina123

Tina123 SU! Demonstrator

Great idea to have the Pinterest board. It is fun to do the blog hop and be able to see all of the projects in one place.

18. scrapshappen

I wish there was a way to add administrators. I would do it in a heart beat. Unfortunately, pinterest hasn't made it that user friendly.

I will be adding more boards, but I didn't want to do it all at once like you said. I'll add the New Catalog Blog Hop and the New Color one too over the next few days.

And watch for the challenge next week so feel free to share your ideas about it this week.

19. scrapshappen

I wish there was a way to add administrators. I would do it in a heart beat. Unfortunately, pinterest hasn't made it that user friendly.

I will be adding more boards, but I didn't want to do it all at once like you said. I'll add the New Catalog Blog Hop and the New Color one too over the next few days.

And watch for the challenge next week so feel free to share your ideas about it this week.

20. yapha

yapha Hop-Meister

Home Page:
    Looking forward to the challenges coming back!