New site additions

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by James, May 15, 2009.

1. James

James Head Smarty Pants Staff Member

Home Page:
    Well, most have probably noticed a number of things I've added this past week but I thought I would do a little bit of a recap.

Frontpage reworked: The frontpage now pulls all of it's content from various places within the forum itself, so it should dynamically update. This is something I'll continue to tweak on.

The site banner. I added the "Statement of the Heart" to it because I thought it fit there nicely but we're checking with Stampin' Up! to see if we can indeed us it that way so I may have to remove it. If so, we'll come up with something else.

Articles:
    Think of the articles section as a formal "How To" or "Resource" area. A good example would be Amy's Scrapbook In A Box project. Anyone should be able to submit an article, however they are all moderated. Mostly so I can make sure their formatting works for the frontpage. Any articles a demonstrator submits will have that demos information in the authors box. If you wish to submit an article that doesn't fit in one of the categories, just suggest a new category at the beginning of the article and I'll check it before it's published.

Links:
    I added a link exchange tool. Basically it's a glorified blogroll. Submit your site info to get linked back to your sites. Ultimately the links will be randomly displayed on the frontpage.

Videos:
    Holly (catrules) has been posting her "How To" videos. Anyone can post their videos in the video forum. The frontpage will pull the most recent video to dsiplay.

Frontpage Gallery block: I thought this was a rather nice addition. Added a block to the frontpage that pulls the 14 (arbitrary number) most recent photos uploaded to the gallery.

Those are the big things for now. There's a few other items I still want to do but as they say, you can't rush a good thing.. lol

2. Debbi

Debbi SU! Demonstrator

You ROCK James! Love the gallery block. Love the statement of the heart there too. Hope SU lets you keep it. But, I did like the first font you used better (I know, I'm repeating myself ;)).

3. rhondastamps

rhondastamps SU! Demonstrator

It looks awesome!!! Love the gallery block!!!!!!

4. scrapshappen

scrapshappen Super Moderator

Love it! Thanks for plugging the challenges too!

5. scrapshappen

scrapshappen Super Moderator

I meant to add that you ROCK! Thanks for this great site and for continuing to make it even better.

6. MaryR

MaryR New Member

love it - looks great - especially love the gallery block

7. RNitti

RNitti SU! Demonstrator

Hey James
    I love what you have done but.... I longer receive RSS feeds. Were you aware that this changed?

Roxie

8. catrules

catrules The Redneck Sista

James I think it ROCKS :) Looks awsome!!