Let's show our West Side spirit!

Discussion in 'West' started by salvarez, Apr 12, 2010.

1. salvarez

salvarez SU! Demonstrator

Ok so I'm reading ALL these posts about people all over the world/country supporting their pride. I say hello to all the West U.S. ladies! Let's show them that we ARE the wild west chicas!!

2. alliohran

alliohran SU! Demonstrator

Home Page:
    Well I'll still claim West US pride!! Although I recently moved to Texas, I grew up in Colorado and I've also lived in Utah, Idaho and California. That's gotta count for something. ;-)

3. salvarez

once you've been in the west coast, you're a West sider for life! :)

4. skdeleeuw

skdeleeuw SU! Demonstrator

Home Page:
    Wow Allison! You've lived in more states than I've been to! j/k :)

I've only lived in four cities my whole life. All in CA. And all within 200 miles of each other. Can someone say.... BORING!

5. mbstamper

mbstamper SU! Demonstrator

I have been in SoCal since 1996 and the world begins and ends there to me. I don't need to brad about how great SoCal is when we all know that's all there is!
    Mary Beth

6. Sings with Scissors

Sings with Scissors New Member

What about north of the border? :) and officially I've only lived in two places. Hometown, got transfered for one year and back here. Spent one month in Winnipeg after grad with X and 2 months in Vancouver when twins were born 3m early but count those as extended vacations.

And yes the West rules! Doing the Oregon Coast this summer for vacation.

7. salvarez

Krystal- you just know where the happenin' place is! ;) I've pretty much stayed in Southern California...I wouldn't mind moving somewhere else in the west, but I haven't found a good enough reason to! Good, predictable weather, family is close by, why leave?

8. CindyE

CindyE SU! Demonstrator

Home Page:
    The West Coast is the best coast! ;)

9. skdeleeuw

Home Page:
    LOL!

My hubby and I grew up in SoCal. We've been in CenCal since 1993. We moved the day we got back from our honeymoon. We miss the weather and the beaches, not the traffic and the mass amount of people. It hard for an old surfer (hubby) to be 200 miles away from the waves!

10. lovetostampandscrap

lovetostampandscrap SU! Demonstrator

Home Page:
    Have been in So Cal since 1976, and hubby since he was born! He SOOOOO wants to see what other places would be like to live in - but that dang work thingy prevents doing that for now... :)

11. salvarez

My fiance wants to move to NorCal, but his sailing friends will never let him stray too far from Ventura County! (works for me, I love it here!)

12. skdeleeuw

Home Page:
    I wouldn't leave Ventura County either. It's beautiful there!

13. salvarez

Yeah! My fiance is returning to Ventura after a 5 day race to Ensenada as we speak!

14. Inkalicious

Inkalicious BigShot Bigshot

Home Page:
    SoCal beaches born and raised!!
    Now Im 10 minutes inland-snort!
    Woot-woot!!

15. tammytee

tammytee SU! Demonstrator

Home Page:
    I've been in SoCal since 1986. Before that I was born in Florida, then lived in Iowa, Utah, Colorado, Texas, California for a couple years, then Colorado again, then Arizona and back to California. I've also traveled all over the world, and must say I don't really want to live anyplace else. If I could afford to summer someplace, I'd choose Brisbane, Australia. I even know a stamper there! But California is home (even though it's a bit messed up - so long Arnold).

16. it'smeFaith

it'smeFaith SU! Demonstrator

Home Page:
    Small World Samantha... I moved from Oxnard Shores 31 years ago... my brother and his son still lives there... Hubby and I used to fish out of Channel Islands harbor over to Santa Cruz Island... I love the area, but on visiting some years ago... Parents lived in Camarillo, saw how much it grew... I worked up in Ojai and was amazed how much that had grown also....

Great to see some West Coast Gals here....
    Faith

17. it'smeFaith

Home Page:
    Oh my Goodness Krystal... Please tell me your hubby didn't surf with my crazy brother Chuck.. that would be too funny... We were all raised in North Hollywood.... I was always the chubby, tag a long little sister... following the "Vals" on their surfing runs... I still can't be too far from the beach... now living on the Oregon Coast for the past 31 years.....

Faith

18. it'smeFaith

Home Page:
    I know this is an old post... but when are you going on vacation??? I live on the Oregon Coast down in Bandon... It's a small friendly town... been here 31 years.... moved up from Oxnard, Cali... so except for the rain... the weather is mild like the Oxnard area beaches... Grew up in North Hollywood.... spent most of my time at the beaches following my brothers and their friends around... spent alot of time at Santa Monica, Zuma, Rincon, Paradise Cove.. but I love it here in Oregon on the coast... I have the beach on one side and the forest on the other.... best of both worlds for me....

West Coast Gal forever....
    Faith

19. scrapshappen

scrapshappen Super Moderator

I'm a western girl!!! I've lived in five different states, all west of the Mississippi. Born in Kansas. Moved to Helena, Montana when I was 2. Moved to Martinez, California (SF (east) Bay Area) when I was 8. Moved to Rexburg, Idaho when I was 18 for college. Moved to Utah when I was 20 to finish college and I never left. I've lived in all over northern Utah too, but we've settled for good (I think?) in Farmington which is half way between Salt Lake and Ogden.