How do you use pure color pencils SU used to offer?

Discussion in 'Ink-Cetera' started by Debadoo, Aug 6, 2010.

1. Debadoo

Debadoo Active Member

Anyone remember these?? My sorta adopted mama won some of these a few years ago from my UL, in a mystery hostess, but was never taught how to use them. I never bought any when we sold them, so I don't know much about them. She wants to know ways to use them, so I told her I'd find out.

2. lovetostampandscrap

lovetostampandscrap SU! Demonstrator

Home Page:
    I LOVE my pure color pencils and I'm sad SU! stopped selling them. My use of them was for the Black Magic technique - they go on great for coloring the white craft ink once it's dry. Here's a card a made using them:

3. Debadoo

Debadoo Active Member

I've seen that card before and may even have it in my favs but didn't realize you used pure color pencils. It's so pretty.

But more specifically exactly HOW do you use them? Do you color then use blender pens, or pick up some color with an aquapainter, or all of the above or none of the above? Do you use them the same ways you would WWC's, or just color with them?

4. Carmen

Carmen SU! Demonstrator

The way I have used them is with mineral oil. I would rub a bit of color in a section then spread it out using the mineral oil and a q-tip. Here are two cards I made using them this way. It's the only way I've used them actually, hope that helps a bit.

Stamping Addiction: Baby Tag

Stamping Addiction: Simply Summer

5. lovetostampandscrap

lovetostampandscrap SU! Demonstrator

Home Page:
    Deb, I simply used them like you would crayons or colored pencils - start with the lighter color, then add in accents with the darker shade. Nothing fancy. My stampers loved this card and several scoured ebay for a month or two after to find their own set as we'd stopped selling them by then.

6. Debadoo

Debadoo Active Member

Thank you both. Carmen love those cards.

7. Carmen

Carmen SU! Demonstrator

Thanks!