Christmas tree die - decorating hints?

Discussion in 'Die Cutting' started by huntwoman, Sep 11, 2009.

1. huntwoman

huntwoman SU! Demonstrator

Do you decorate this before or after you put it together? I even toyed with putting adhesive on the ornaments and putting them in a little envelope so they could decorate it themselves. Anybody started using this die yet? Any hints besides watch the video and check Karen Burniston's samples? Thanks!

2. MelissaL

MelissaL SU! Demonstrator

I have the die and I love it. I put the tree together and then decorate it so that I can get the placement of the ornies where I want them. You could even punch a bunch of ornaments and just put them on the table so that they could choose what they wanted, given their specific tastes. Undecorated the tree fits into an A2 card, but only barely. I'd suggest making a larger card, especially in the width. Good luck, I think you'll love it once you get going with it. The tree comes together quite quickly, once you know where things go. :)

3. HollyLogic

HollyLogic Moderator

Where's Trina? Her window sheet version of the Christmas Tree is the cutest thing ever!

4. Pepesmom

Pepesmom Extreme Swapper!

Home Page:
    LOL!

You will need to wait until the 19th or the 26th to see "the tree" again! Look for it in an upcoming technique challenge!