Can't load pictures

Discussion in 'Gallery Discussions' started by Scrappin' Auntie, Mar 13, 2010.

1. Scrappin' Auntie

Scrappin' Auntie SU! Demonstrator

I've tried today, yesterday and day before...and I'm just going to give up loading pics to SA.

I browse and select 5 pics, click upload, that works, then the next step...everything freezes up. I have to start Task Manager and completely shut down the internet. Tried at least 15 times over past 3 days and I'm finally giving up.

I'd think it was my computer but I posted successfully to my facebook, Stampin' Connection and SCS.

Not sure what's going on or what to do.

2. Pepesmom

Pepesmom Extreme Swapper!

Home Page:
    First, PM James and ask him if there are any problems and to check and clear your gallery queue.

Second, make sure your pictures are not large files. I understand the gallery will "take" unlimited file sizes, but large files REALLY slow down your machine. Uploading 5 large files can take a long time to upload. And the file processing seems to get messed up if you interrupt that process.

I have a pretty fast machine and it will get bogged down if I try to upload big files, much less 5 big files. I usually take the pic on the highest setting and them run them through Picasa to crop, label and resize.

3. LisaBee

LisaBee New Member

Don't give up! We want to see your beautiful creations.

Like Trina said if you files are full size from your camera, they may have difficulty in loading. I have this problem especially when using my DSLR camera.
    Try compressing your photo images prior to uploading - I just use MS photo editor. Select edit picture, I compress to the document size and then they load just fine.

4. Beedubya

Beedubya Shiny Squirrel!!!

Home Page:
    Please don't give up, Scrappin' Auntie! James is really good at getting stuff like this fixed. Just give him a chance. How am I supposed to oooh and ahhh over your stuff if you give up?

5. James

James Head Smarty Pants Staff Member

Home Page:
    Cleared all the queues, try again.

6. Scrappin' Auntie

Oh man, you guys are freaking me out.....files too big, load to here, resize....I'm scared....

Hahaha...okay, you just don't get how challenged I am technically....well, I'm probably not, but I tend to be very impatient and can't figger this stuff out...I'm a dork! Okay, I'll try again....but I have no idea how to do what you're talking about making my pics smaller. Eek!

7. Scrappin' Auntie

Arrgghh!!! Same thing happened again...get to the 2nd step and the whole computer freezes, can't even move to another tab. So, not sure what to do. Well, I'm going to rest my brain for awhile. Which translates to "go grind some beans and brew a pot of Starbucks, change the CD to my Celine Dion French Tour (okay I don't speak French, but have 3 Celine CD's in French!) and toast an English muffin and spread my homemade strawberry jam on it....browse through my new summer mini.....and take a nap!

8. James

Home Page:
    Couple of things.
    1. Can you send me a link to an upload at SCS that worked for you? PReferably the same one that's failing here.
    2. Can you try uploading one at a time instead of in a batch?

9. Scrappin' Auntie

My own personal photo assistant? Are you serious? Sweet! I'll try to do this link thing....and I'll also try to load just 1 photo.

10. Scrappin' Auntie

11. Scrappin' Auntie

...and loading 1 pic (the same one above) had the same result. I'm out of town at a seminar and done with the internet until tomorrow. I'll see what I can do. I know how to use MS paint, so I'll tweak the pics that way (ugh) and try to post later.

12. fa_stamper

fa_stamper SU! Demonstrator

I am having the same problem as the lady above. I have tried one photo at a time, different days, you name it. I really want to post my cards here. I have loaded before with no problems, now it is just being mean to me.

HELP!!!

13. fingers inky girl

fingers inky girl Drug Dealing Stamper/Professor

Laura mentioned this to me at Convention, but I can't figure out where you are going wrong. So, let me ask a few questions...

1) are you trying to add a photo to the gallery or add it to a post? Just want to know where to start trouble shooting.
    2) how large are your pictures? I have to compress mine to get them to work without taking forever.

I really want to see both of your creations, so let's see if we can figure this out!

14. fa_stamper

I am trying to load to the gallery.
    I can select the photos, and click upload.
    It then goes to the next screen, in the lower right corner of my windows screen it says "done" (you know when a page is loading and it will tell you so many more things to load). Normally a few momments later the pictures all pop uo and I can add all the details of stamps, ink, etc.
    Now it just freezes the whole thing, shows nothing (just the SA title bars at the top) and I have to shut down my browser and restart.
    I loaded a pic just the other day, same size and everything. I thought I was trying to add too much at once, so I tried one photo at a time. Nothing...still freezes.
    Please help I have over a dozen projects waiting for some comment love.

15. James

Home Page:
    Try it again Kathleen and let me know if it works. I cleared the upload cache which is what usually does it.

16. fa_stamper

Let me load one. Going to try a full load now.

17. fa_stamper

Wouldn't let me do 5 at once. Tried 3....NOPE. Tried 1 and now it won't let me do that again.

18. James

Home Page:
    Ok try it now, just upload one at a time. If you get an error message, let me know what it says.

19. James

Home Page:
    Kathleen, I'm going to assume this worked for you since I see card uploaded today?