April 30 Stamp Jam

Discussion in 'Stamp Jams' started by Pepesmom, Apr 30, 2011.

1. Pepesmom

Pepesmom Extreme Swapper!

Home Page:
    Welcome to the April 30 Fifth Saturday Stamp Jam Chat Thread!!!

This is the thread where I will post today's stampin' themes, where we can chat and post links to the gallery, and where I'll place links to other fun stuff happening on the boards today!

Be sure to upload photos of your creations to the gallery. Please add keyword SJ430 and place a link back in this thread so we can find all your wonderful creations!

Here's today's schedule as to when new themes will be posted - all times are Eastern. There are a few different hostesses helping me out today, so you will see a variety of creations for sure. I hope all of you find something inspiring today, but most of all - HAVE FUN!!! So, pull out your stamps and ink, pull up to your laptop and use MDS, or spread out your pix and cardstock. The sky's the limit!

9 am Eastern - Trina - Strength and Hope - This theme will feature the Strength and Hope stamp set and new digital kit in the summer mini, available for purchase beginning May 1 - TOMORROW! Stampin' Up! will donate $2 from the purchase of each stamp set to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation.

Here's more samples in the Gallery: Strength & Hope - Stampin Addicts Gallery

10 am Eastern - Rhonda - Weddings! - How 'bout that Will and Kate, huh? Well, you can see Rhonda's samples and ideas in post 6 below!

11 am Eastern - Trina - Gardens, Gardening, Gardening Buddies - backyard gardens, water gardens, herb gardens, flower gardens...you get the idea! I need to finish my sample and will posts as soon as I can.

Finally got the samples posted. Links in post 10 below.

Afternoon:

2 pm Eastern - Holly K - Babies - human, pets, farm animals, zoo babies; showers, announcements, gifts...You can see Holly's "Udderly Adorable" scrapbook page at the end of the link in post 11 below.

3 pm Eastern - Trina - BBQ, Picnic, Pool Party - any of those fun shindigs we like to have in the summer! See my sample in post 14 below.

4 pm Eastern - Holly K - Birthdays - cards, party decor, gifts - let your imagination run wild. Now, I have a customer needing pirate ideas, so extra kudos from me if you post something with a pirate theme!

See post 15 for a link to Holly's cute sample!

Evening:

8 pm Eastern - Paula - Family Stuff - Mother's Day, Father's Day, Reunions!

9 pm Eastern - Trina - Congratulations - We all can use congratulatory cards for all kinds of occasions. Graduation is coming up, wedding season is upon us...

10 pm Eastern - Trina - Summer Vacation - planning an upcoming trip? Need Bon Voyage cards or postcards? Scrapbooking vacation memories? Here's the place to share any of your vacation projects.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2011
  2. Pepesmom

Home Page:
    Other Fun Stuff Going on this Weekend!

Stampin' Addicts Summer Mini Blog Hop! Take a virtual journey with your friends here on Stampin' Addicts and see lots of fun projects created with products from the new 2011 Summer Mini catalog.

Monthly Holiday Card Making Challenge! Need a lot of Christmas/Hanukkah/Holiday cards? Join a group of Stampin' Addicts that have been creating a few holiday cards each month and get a head start on your holiday card making.

You can see their creations and find links to samples in the gallery in this thread -----> http://www.stampinaddicts.com/forum...kkah-2011-just-few-cards-month-challenge.html

Saturday Scrapbooking Challenge! We have daily challenges that can be found in the Stampin' Addicts Challenge Forum. Saturday is dedicated to scrapbooking. These scrabooking challenges are usually based on a sketch, accessory, theme or mini-album design, but YOURS TRULY has been given some free reign to post a scrapbooking challenge that is outside of these usual themes. Today's scrapbooking challenge is based on mosaic pages.

You can find today's Stamp Jam Saturday Scrapbooking Challenge here --------> http://www.stampinaddicts.com/forum...-36-4-30-11-stamp-jam-mosaics.html#post356169

And here's the THROWDOWN for today's Stamp Jam - Pick at least 3 challenges from the forums and complete all on ONE PROJECT! Here's my samples in the gallery which combines a 3D, one color combo and two technique challenges! ---------->

http://www.stampinaddicts.com/galle...title=stamp-jam-tea-bag-holderoutside&cat=all
    http://www.stampinaddicts.com/galle...&title=stamp-jam-tea-bag-holderinside&cat=all

3. genesis

genesis SU! Demonstrator

Home Page:
    I highly recommend the Blog Hop! WOW!!

I am hoping I can jam this evening - sounds like fun!!

4. Pepesmom

Home Page:
    Here's my Strength and Hope submission - a scrapbook page created with MDS and the new Strength and Hope digital kit. The photos feature a few friends of mine who do the Avon Walk for the Cure in Chicago every few years.

Avon Walk for the Cure - Stampin Addicts Gallery

5. yapha

yapha Hop-Meister

Home Page:
    Good morning! I am up and ready to play along!

6. rhondag

rhondag Stampin', Swappin' Bunny

I didn't quite understand what we're doing I guess since you didn't post a thread for your challenge last hour....was I not supposed to wait for you to post the challenge itself in the first post Trina? Sorry. Anyway, here are my cards, so I can go eat breakfast:

The idea is Wedding Cards, Inspirations and Details...to make a wedding card and be inspired by colors or textures. You can choose which style card you'd like to make for the challenge.

First, is my card inspired by the Royal Wedding Cake here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/british...7626482739185/

Though timely, I did not create this card to send to Will and Kate. :) The crown will be fun to send to my little cousin who is getting married this summer because a 5 pointed crown is also the symbol of her college sorority.

Royal Icing

This next card is in response to a request for a wedding card in blue, pink and purple with Poppin' Pastels. I intentionally smeared the pink especially to provide more color on the roses.

Pastel Bouquet

***If anyone can tie those big fluffy bows well, I'd love if you'd host the technique challenge with it. I've seen them, but never needed one until this card. It is more difficult than it looks!

7. MommyTris

MommyTris Long Live Dashing!

Nice challenges girls!
    Hopefully I'll have time to play later!

8. Pepesmom

Home Page:
    Rhonda, you did fine! Gorgeous cards, by the way! Lack of sleep the past couple of nights caught up with me, but I'm awake for now! :D

Off to finish the gardening inspiration!

9. yapha

yapha Hop-Meister

Home Page:
    Gorgeous wedding cards!!! I hope to be able to play along soon!

10. Pepesmom

Home Page:
  11. catrules

catrules The Redneck Sista

Here is the next Challenge!!!

The Challenge is Babies – human, pets, farm animals, zoo animals, showers, announcements, gifts!!

For creative inspiration I did this page of the new baby calves on my parents farm!!!

Udderly Adorable

Can't wait to see what you all come up with!!!!

12. Pepesmom

Home Page:
    Baby animals are always "udderly adorable"! Cute page, Holly!

13. catrules

Thanks Trina!! :)

14. Pepesmom

Home Page:
    OK, time for a BBQ invitation! I created this sample in My Digital Studio. The gingham paper was custom made using the Solid Stripes stamp brush set.

BBQ Invitation - Stampin Addicts Gallery

Here's how I created the custom gingham paper in MDS:

Insert background paper onto a blank 12x12 page - I used Whisper White
    Stamp Solid Stripes in the color of your choice. Resize to 12x12 and set Opacity to 50%.
    Copy and paste this image, then rotate 90°.
    Select both images and Align both vertically and horizontally on the page.
    Voila!

Export to JPEG at Large and 100%. Save into a folder you can find later. Select "No" to emptying the folder if you have other custom papers in this folder.

Tips:

• If you are confident in your file management skills, you can place your new folder into the MDS library so that you can browse the custom designs into future projects from the menus inside MDS.
    • You may get some errors is you use Vista for your O/S. You can ignore these by clicking through. There's a way to remove these errors, but I'm not going to go look for the info right now. I'll fix mine if and when the messages get really annoying.

ETA: Here's the fix for Vista.
    http://www.stampinaddicts.com/forums/my-digital-studio/3383-trouble-new-mds-content.html#post187790

15. catrules

Here is the next Challenge!!!

The Challenge is Birthdays - cards, party decor, gifts!!!

For creative inspiration I made this Birthday card!!!

Crazy for Cupcakes

16. catrules

Very Cool Trina!!!

17. yapha

yapha Hop-Meister

Home Page:
    I'm playing along, I just haven't had a chance to upload yet! Soon though! Keep the challenges coming!

18. Pepesmom

Home Page:
    Glad to hear it! I have all the samples done and can now play myself. I'm off to create a pirate's chest! :w00tbounce:

19. yapha

yapha Hop-Meister

Home Page:
  20. scrapshappen

scrapshappen Super Moderator

So happy to be joining in on the fun this evening!!!

Drum roll please:

The first evening challenge is:

FAMILY - Mother's Day, Father's Day, Family Reunions, etc, etc

Mother's Day is only a week away!! And then Father's Day comes up right behind it. So make a card to celebrate your parental unit. I always send a Mother's Day card to my BFF's mom because she is like another mother to me. So you could make a card for that special mentor or friend who has been like a parent to you too.

And I've had Family Reunion on the brain because I'm in the middle of getting ready to host mine at my house this year. So you could make an invitation to a family reunion, or maybe a scrapbook page from your last family reunion.

Or if NONE of those things spark your interest, you could always make a scrapbook page about what family means to you - whether it's the family that God gave you or the one that you've built for yourself through those deep abiding friendships.

Here is a Father's Day Card that I did at my class today to give you a little inspiration:
    The Open Seas Father's Day