A welcome message and a few site announcements

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by James, Mar 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. James

James Head Smarty Pants Staff Member

Home Page:
    Just wanted to extend a welcome to everyone that's signing up. I've been telling Angie for some time I thought there was need for more Stampin communities, this is proving me right.

Obviously with this being new things are in flux and will be for a little while as the community begins to define itself. Over the next few days I'll be working on adding features and other enhancements. Any and all suggestions are welcome, drop them in the Suggestions forum below.

Just a note. As I update things on the server or when I get around to creating a new theme to match the frontpage, sometimes things act a little weird. Two things to always try. Clear your browser cache and/or clear your browser cookies.

I'm hoping to have TOS (I know rules) and the Privacy Policy added later tonight, along with some basic FAQ's. The main thing is to just have fun...

2. Pepesmom

Pepesmom Extreme Swapper!

Home Page:
    James, thank you so much for all the work you do! It means a lot to us to have a place that is positive and inviting! There's enough drama out there without it invading my hobby and what is supposed to be a fun creative business!

3. Texasstampin

Texasstampin Keeper of "THE LIST"

Home Page:
    James,
    You have been so great this past week and a half working on everything we've asked for and delivering. We so appreciate your time and effort to give us this place to enjoy and discuss our crafts! THANK YOU!

4. James

James Head Smarty Pants Staff Member

Home Page:
    Oh your welcome, I'm excited.

5. Inkymom

Inkymom Squirrel!!

Home Page:
    James, I am sure I speak for all the sistahs when I tell you WE ♥ YOU!!!! Thank you for the site and all your hard work.

6. Pammybaby

Pammybaby Ozark Mountain Stamper

What she said, James! We love ya'!

7. doxiejan

doxiejan Stampin with Dachshunds

James, Thanks for all your hard work getting this together and most of all listening to all the estrogen input!

8. HeatherJB

HeatherJB SU! Demonstrator

Home Page:
    THANK YOU!!!

Love it here ALREADY!!

9. Debadoo

Debadoo Active Member

James and Angie y'all are amazing!! Love this place already and love having folks doing it who care about what we want!! Thanks thanks thanks so much for all the hard work and making this such a great place to be.

10. Chipper

Chipper Busy Swapper Girl

Home Page:
    Ditto, ditto, ditto!!!!

11. merges

merges SU! Demonstrator

James, this new site of yours has inspired me to become more creative with my stamping and cardmaking. I am a member of Splitcoast as well and have never uploaded or became part of the discussion because of the thousands of cards and experienced stampers, I guess I felt intimidated. Since this is new, I feel that I can start at ground level and work up to thousands of posting, and upload my artwork. I have already uploaded one card, and am working on another, and plan on stretching my creativity to share with others. I am always looking for ways to spark my creativity and this has my mind working overtime! Thank you!!!

12. Texasstampin

Home Page:
    Let me just be the first to say CONGRATULATIONS!! I hope you will continue to upload and post and become a regular member of the SA family!!

13. merges

merges SU! Demonstrator

Thanks for the big welcome, Sharon. It feels so good to be invited to be a "member of the family!" I really like it here, and I have just sent out an invite to my small monthly group, I hope they all join! This site has my creative juices flowing, and I think I needed a reason to sit at the scrapbook table instead of watching 24 and Lost!

Thanks again for making feel feel right at home here!

Laurie

14. Packer Fan

Packer Fan SU! Demonstrator

I'm a lot like you! I always felt a little intimidated :timid: but all the uploads! Then they really started to stray away from my love for SU! I was thrilled when I was invited to join this awesome site and I have even uploaded my cards that I've made over the last month and I'm really proud of having a gallery! I NEVER uploaded something for myself on that other site!

Thank you to everyone that is making this site the positive place that crafting should be! I truely appreciate the hard work that goes into this and am looking forward to seeing more of what is to come.

15. Texasstampin

Home Page:
    Shelley, a BIG SA welcome to you too! I'm so happy that you'll feel at home here and are comfortable enough to post and upload your projects. I so hope that everyone who comes here feels like you both and will continue to grow. Thanks so much for posting!!:huggy:

16. Pammybaby

Pammybaby Ozark Mountain Stamper

Hi, Laurie and Shelley! Glad you've joined us! Yep, it's an awesome, friendly place, and be sure to check out the challenges! They're sure to get your creative juices going! I've been busy with other projects, so I'm dreaming of the day when I can jump on the challenge bandwagon. Welcome to both of you!

17. merges

merges SU! Demonstrator

Well, thanks to Shelley and Pamela as well! I'm glad I'm not the only one who felt intimidated at the other site. (Loved your icon, Shelley!) I felt kind of foolish admitting to it, but now I'm glad that I did. And I've just uploaded a couple of more cards, I think this site has created a monster! One April Challenge down, one to go!!! I am having fun and really enjoying this site. Thank you to all for making it feel like home!

Laurie

18. MaryR

MaryR New Member

Laurie - glad you're here - what a great avatar!

19. EEBee

EEBee SU! Demonstrator

Home Page:
    I'm in the same boat as you Laurie and Shelley. I was introduced to SCS and even joined the demo side of the forums there. But there was JUST SO MUCH already there that I quickly gave up trying to follow along. The only thing I ever did there was look through the galleries. Here I've posted, A LOT more than I thought I would, and up loaded pictures when my computer has played nice. Sad to say it hasn't played nice since last Friday. :(

20. Texasstampin

Home Page:
    Emily, we are glad you are here and hope you continue to post and upload when your computer is behaving!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.